Club Station

Club Station

Postby V51Q » Tue May 17, 2011 7:08 pm

Hello NamHam`s and Ham`s

Although it is still a bit early, I just want to announce that we have found a suitable place where we can setup a club station in the middle of Windhoek. The first talks have been held and I am sure that the deal will stand at the end of July. NamHam has first option, so let’s see what will happen.

What I want to know now from all of you is, what must be in the shack?
Just give me a few ideas.....

P.S. If everything is settled, NamHam will join the Global Emergency Communication Network.

73`s
Mike
V51Q
Site Admin

Re: Club Station

Postby v51pj » Thu May 19, 2011 4:48 pm

very good news the best hi!!

see the topic emergency communication especially the last input

i think we must have the monitoring capability to monitor all the emergency frequencys on hf
it can be utilized for our monthly news bulletin as well

would local qrm and the fact that conditions to Windhoek is not always favorable be a problem? just asking.

will we be communicating also to the local authorities and disaster management organizations from there
will we also connect with the emergency services like sos, etc?

but still the best news
thanks all
de v51pj
v51pj

Re: Club Station

Postby V51Q » Thu May 19, 2011 7:12 pm

Hi V51PJ

to your questions.

would local qrm and the fact that conditions to Windhoek is not always favorable be a problem? just asking.

will we be communicating also to the local authorities and disaster management organizations from there
will we also connect with the emergency services like sos, etc?

I did not give much thought to the emergency communication jet.
There are other things that have to be done first. Like putting up the 30m high tower, fixing the rotator that must handle the Optibeam 17-4, equipment, cables, shack... When all this stands, then there is time for the emergency communication project.

1. I think that local qrm would not be a big problem. Although we have to see what the result will be.
2. The local authorities are not interested in a emergency communication centre run by us hams.

We already had a talk with them. Well that is then bad luck for them.

There is a lot that we can do. It will take some time. But all please remember, we all have to work, almost all of us have family... our spare time is limited. All this has to be well planed.
V51Q
Site Admin

Return to "Ham News In Namibia"