New Comunications Act

New Comunications Act

Postby V51JP » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:24 pm

The Comunications Act of 2009 has just come in to force here in Namibia. The Namibian Comunications Commission has been relieved of all their duties and a new department was founded according to the Act. The Communications Regulatory Authority of Namibia, http://www.cran.na now has the task of implementing the new act. for the transition period (up tp 6 months) no new licenses, special events licenses or guest licenses can be issued. Nontheless we have applied for guest licenses for european visitors and i will report on the succsess or failiure thereof.
everyone that hold a namibian callsign must fill in a form and send it to CRAN before the 15.June or face prosecution. We are currently geting our facts together and will send out a E-mail by monday with all the forms needed attaced.
if anyone wants this mail, forward me your address so i can ad you tho the list.
P.S.: some rumours are floating around that there is currently no law regulating Amateur Radio in Namibia and i can assure you that this is not so! the old rules and regulations are in force until the new rules and regs are adopted.

NOTE TO ALL NAMIBIAN HAMS: PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO SORT THIS OUT ONE BY ONE, LET THE CLUBS HANLE THIS AND NOT INDIVIDUALS. WE ALREADY HAVE TO MANY LOOSE CANNONS RUNNING AROUND AND WE DONT NEED A BAD START WITH THIS NEW GOUVERNMENT INSTITUTION!!!

V51JP

Re: New Comunications Act

Postby v51pj » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:09 am

thks for info
where do we get the form or yes i got the website but under what of those lot of topics

does this mean all licences need to be re done?

seems rather somebody lost the database?

de v51pj
v51pj

Postby V51JP » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:23 am

hi Pieter

no need to worry, nobody has to redo the licese, just the forms need to be filled in and sent. you will have to fill in some forms for the comercial spectrum you use. its a new gouvernment department and they have to build their database. i will mail all hams with the neccecary documents and references to the act as soon as i have the corect procedure in hand. on monday CRAN presents a stakeholders meeting which the NARL and NAM-ARC will attend to get all the info.

Werner
V51JP

Postby V51JP » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:43 pm

The new Communications act has come into force on the 18th May 2011. A lot of speculation and conspiracy theories where concocted and a wealth of rumours where put into circulation by a few uninformed individuals among us. Thanks to a lot of work by Andrew V51YJ, wich brought to light that in principle nothing changes for the Amateur. The old regulations are in force until the new ones are adopted and there are no unpleasant surprises.
This letter will give you some insight into the act and all necessary forms and information is attached.

Please forward this mail to all the hams you know ASAP! I am not sure that I have the adresses of all Amateurs with Namibian Call Signs and this is very important!

I think now is a good time to join the NARL and do your bit to assist Amateur Radio in Namibia!

For you to be on the right side of the law and to insure that you can enjoy the Hobby of Radio Amateur for many years to come you have to do the following:

1. Complete the info form attached to this letter.
2. Copy your license certificate and attach the copy to the info form
3. Copy your last receipt from NCC and attach the copy to the form
4. Print the frequency list attached and attach it to the form
5. Send everything to CRAN by the 16th June 2011 it is the responsibility of every individual to submit this information!!
6. Watch the government gazette if your license has been approved
7. Take further steps if not approved (witch should not happen but if some documents are short it could)
8. We will assist everyone to make sure that nothing goes wrong.
9. If you are unable to find your documents please contact me for furter action. Do not wait till the 13th June, this is to late and you will face the music.

Kind regards and 73
V51JP

Postby V51JP » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:48 pm

here is the the info form and the frequency list
Attachments
AMATEUR RADIO FREQUENCIES.pdf
(43.99 KiB) Downloaded 76 times
info form.pdf
(293.8 KiB) Downloaded 93 times
V51JP

Postby V51Q » Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:33 pm

Super Werner,

TNX, you were fast with this-
Also a big TNX to Andrew for his efford.

73s out of Samure (France)

Michael
V51Q
Site Admin

Some thing that makes me a bit mad...

Postby V51Q » Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:01 pm

Some thing that makes me very angry is when some STUPID old Smurf is messing every thing up.
Spreading wrong information and telling CRAN what they have to do!!!! :evil: :x :evil: :x :evil: :x :evil:

I mean what the heck is so difficult to understand what we hams had to do.

FILL in 2 (TWO) forms hand in 1 (ONE) proof of payment and 1 (ONE) copy of our license.

What is so difficult with this :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
V51Q
Site Admin

Postby V51JP » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:47 pm

:D no need to stress, even the dinosaurs learned: adapt or go extinct. :ugeek:
V51JP

Return to "Ham News In Namibia"